The Swansea University Music Service exists to support and develop the musical life of Swansea University, in partnership with the Student Union and external groups such as the Welsh Sinfonia, Welsh National Opera, and others.
The Music Service…
- Manages facilities, equipment and other resources (practice rooms, instruments, sheet music, etc);
- Organises Great Hall concerts involving professionals and student groups;
- Arranges workshops and masterclasses with external professionals;
- Provides support to instrumental and vocal scholars;
- Promotes the University’s musical opportunities to prospective students;
- Provides advocacy and strategic planning for music at management level within the University.
The Music Service is led by the Director of Music, Dr Ian Rutt. He is based in the Cultural Institute, in the College of Arts and Humanities, and can be contacted by email: email@example.com. Ian is always happy to discuss new ideas and possibilities, and to hear your views on music at Swansea – contact him to arrange a meeting.